Friday, November 12, 2010

Signed up for the Disney Half Marathon

Keeping with my One Race per Month theme I just signed up for the Disney Half Marathon on Jan 8th in Orlando.  My brother is running the Disney Marathon the next day so this was an opportunity to run in warm weather in the middle of January, see my brother run a marathon again, and visit with family.  Some friends are also running the two races so it'll be a regular party down there. Plus, the Magic Kingdom is kinda fun. :)

Had a fine run yesterday, 6 miles in the sun at an 8:50 pace. Everything felt good during the run, after I still coughed for a bit as I'm not yet over this cold.  Today will be a short run, followed by weights and stretching, then a long run with Robyn tomorrow to kick off the official Boston training.  Sunday Monica and I plan to hike Moosilauke.